About Young Eagles
Young Eagles Christian Academy is a Christian private school founded on the principles of Biblical Education. We deliver a high standard of academics by using an individually-based curriculum. We aim to equip students with the essential tools to excel in life, the chief of which is good, sound and Godly character. Currently our school has expanded in having two campuses where a high quality of education is being produced.
Your perspective in life becomes the foundation from which every decision in life is made. It is therefore imperative to base everything we do and teach on the Word of God. Learners are exposed to a curriculum where the infallible Word of God is not just added in a lesson or two, but the very core from which all subjects are taught. If learners capture and embrace God’s Word through Biblical Education, they will make right decisions and form appropriate responses to life-related situations.
Likewise, we believe in building a solid foundation of Godly character and values in the lives of our learners. This character-training prepares the learner to deal with the joys and challenges of everyday life. Learners should not only know what to do in life, but how to live. It is in the character of a human being that the true value of his life is measured, not just in his actions. An essential part of our core curriculum is to learn sound values of how to live upright.
Accredited Education Institution
Young Eagles Christian Academy is fully registered as a private school in accordance with the Independent Schools Act of South Africa. The curriculum program we use, meets (as well as goes beyond) the outcomes and minimum standards of the National Curriculum Statements as prescribed by the Department of Education in South Africa. Comparable to the Cambridge A Levels, we offer a high quality educational experience.
“Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
IRREVOCABLE STATEMENT OF FAITH
What We Believe In
- The inspiration of the Bible, equally in all parts and without error in its origin
- The One God, eternally existent Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who created man by a direct immediate Act
- The pre-existence, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension to Heaven, and the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ
- The fall of man, the need of regeneration by the operation of the Holy Spirit on the basis of grace alone, and the resurrection of all to life or damnation
- The spiritual relationship of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, living a life of righteous works, separated from the world, witnessing of His saving grace through the ministry of the Holy Spirit
- To equip children as they strive to achieve academic excellence through quality Biblical Based and Outcomes Based Education, by nurturing them to aspire to attain their full potential, as they prepare themselves for the future.
- To provide a caring environment which promotes self-discipline and motivation, where children receive individualized academic and spiritual supervision, through prayerful discernment.
- To reflect the Character of Christ through our personal testimony, by integrating sound Biblical and family values into the learning process, positively influencing the transformation process of each child as they evolve into the likeness of Christ to the glory of God.
- To positively impact the transformation process in South Africa, through Biblical Based Education, whereby children are equipped to achieve and surpass their own spiritual and academic developmental capability, which is a witness to those people in their circles of influence.
- To become the educator of first choice in our region, through the provision of a Christian Values and Outcomes Based learning discipline promoting personal mastery and self-determination.
- To provide an internationally accepted, comprehensive and approved curriculum program, which encapsulates truth, wisdom and integrity as the cornerstones of a fulfilled, wholesome and abundant life.
The Managerial Team
Pastor Tresville Verhoog
In 1997, Pastor Tresville and Heidi Verhoog started to home school their own two children on the A.C.E. program. Through research and conviction, they believed that the Biblical mandate was to train up their children according to the principles in the Word of God. Others shared in this belief and the need for a Christian-based education grew. Families partnered with the Verhoogs and so in January 1998, Young Eagles Christian Academy opened its doors for other learners.
God continued to bless and grow the school. Soon this school moved into a big Cape Dutch building in Kuils River, which is the present location of the Oostenberg Campus. A neighboring school in Somerset West closed their doors and stranded some of their learners and staff. There was a dire need for another school in the Somerset West area. Pastor Tresville answered the call which spawned the establishment of the Helderberg Campus in Somerset West in January 2006.
Both Campuses continue to enjoy a high educational and spiritual standard. Each of the Campuses was rewarded Quality Status from A.C.E. Ministries after only one year of existence. Pastor Tresville and Heidi have been nominated as Ministry Representatives to assist and support other schools for Quality Assurance. They serve and represent A.C.E. Ministries on both national and international scale in various forms. Growth is still continuing in both campuses. We desperately need bigger facilities at both campuses to reach more learners with the high quality standard of education.
This is something I want to support.
Christian Education is training for life and we have a very specific mandate on how to raise our children. Having children myself that have been through the Accelerated Christian Education curriculum, I can honestly say there is no better way to education your child. Not only does ACE offer a very high standard of individualized education, it aims to develop Godly character within each and every child. With a team of dedicated Christian staff we aim to bring each child to his/her full potential, academically and spiritually.
Professional Staff. Our first day and we not leaving for the next 13 years. Proud to be part of YECA. BEST School.
Wow what a school keep it up guys! The principal very much human and professional!